Why Skinbase Beauty
Skinbase Beauty offers a curated edit of Australian beauty brands that do not compromise skin health through a long list of harmful ingredients. All our brands are free from parabens, phthalates and synthetic fragrances, as well as being cruelty-free.
We believe in quality over quantity, which is why we select and test all our products to ensure that they pass our quality and ingredient approval process. We don’t believe that you need a 12-step skincare regimen (but if you have one, then that’s fine, too) for healthy and glowing skin. It’s about ensuring you use high-grade ingredients that are full of the ‘good stuff’—that is, ethically sourced ingredients that are safe, reliable and respond to environmental, hormonal and ageing factors, all year round.
- Cleanse: Rid the skin of environmental residues, sebum and skin cells that can cause skin impactions by cleansing in the morning and evening. If you want to up the ante, make sure you cleanse twice (a.k.a double cleanse), the second cleanse will then be able to deep cleanse into the follicle openings, lifting away excess skin oils and minimising build-up. Cream cleansers are great for normal to dry skin and foaming cleansers for normal, combination and oily skin.
- Exfoliate: If I could exfoliate morning, noon and night I would! It’s my skincare obsession. As we age, the skin’s ability to rid the dead skin cells becomes more difficult, resulting in skin that appears dull, thicker and less toned. Exfoliating with either a manual or chemical exfoliant will remove this build-up of dead, damaged cells and stimulate the regeneration of new cells, improving the skin’s appearance, feel and texture.
- Treat: A face serum or oil are concentrated skin care products that can be water-based or oil-based. They contain much higher concentrations of actives (i.e., vitamins, peptides, hyaluronic acid, etc.) than a moisturiser and are great to use underneath your moisturiser or as a treatment 2-3 times per week. Look out for ingredients such as argan, vitamin C and hyaluronic acid for intense hydration and nourishment.
- Moisturise: Protect all that good work and support your own skin health by using a moisturiser that will hydrate, nourish and plump the skin. Look for moisturisers that contain antioxidants and powerful hydrators, such as hyaluronic acid, shea butter and kakadu plum.
- Lip Care: In saving the best part of your regimen to last, it’s time to give your lips the TLC they deserve. Avocado, shea and cocoa seed are all great options for both maintaining, softening and healing dry, chapped lips.