WHY SKINBASE BEAUTY
Skinbase Beauty offers a curated edit of leading indie beauty brands that do not compromise skin health through a long list of harmful ingredients. All our brands are free from parabens, phthalates and synthetic fragrances, as well as being vegan and cruelty-free.
We believe in quality over quantity, which is why we select and test all our products to ensure that they pass our quality and ingredient approval process. We don’t believe that you need a 12-step skincare regimen (but if you have one, then that’s fine, too) for healthy and glowing skin. It’s about ensuring you use high-grade ingredients that are full of the ‘good stuff’—that is, natural vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, antibacterials and folates as well as formulations that respond to environmental, hormonal and ageing factors, all year round.
Using the essentials in your skincare regimen will also help. And what we mean by the essentials is products you use daily to keep your skin clean, hydrated and glowing all year round—
- Cleanse: Rid the skin of environmental residues, sebum and skin cells that can cause skin impactions by cleansing in the morning and evening. If you want to up the ante, make sure you cleanse twice (a.k.a double cleanse), the second cleanse will then be able to deep cleanse into the follicle openings, lifting away excess skin oils and minimising build-up. Cream cleansers are great for normal to dry skin and foaming cleansers for normal, combination and oily skin.
- Exfoliate: If I could exfoliate morning, noon and night I would! It’s my skincare obsession. As we age, the skin’s ability to rid the dead skin cells becomes more difficult, resulting in skin that appears dull, thicker and less toned. Exfoliating with either a manual or chemical exfoliant will remove this build-up of dead, damaged cells and stimulate the regeneration of new cells, improving the skin’s appearance, feel and texture.
- Treat: A face serum or oil are concentrated skin care products that can be water-based or oil-based. They contain much higher concentrations of actives (i.e., vitamins, peptides, hyaluronic acid, etc.) than a moisturiser and are great to used underneath your moisturiser or as a treatment 2-3 times per week. Look out for ingredients such as argan, vitamin C and hyaluronic acid for intense hydration and nourishment.
- Moisturise: Protect all that good work and support your own skin health by using a moisturiser that will hydrate, nourish and plump the skin. Look for moisturisers that contain antioxidants and powerful hydrators, such as hyaluronic acid, shea butter and kakadu plum.
- Lip Care: In saving the best part of your regimen to last, it’s time to give your lips the TLC they deserve. Avocado, shea and cocoa seed are all great options for both maintaining, softening and healing dry, chapped lips.
We’re here for people seeking products that are non-toxic and made without ingredients that can have harmful health effects like skin irritations, nasty allergic reactions and disrupt our endocrine system, which regulates our body’s essential rhythms (like our metabolism, mood, and reproductive processes). Like we said earlier, you can trust that all our products are free from parabens, phthalates, PEGs, ethanolamines, chemical sunscreens, synthetic fragrance, BHT, and BHA.
After years of suffering with an auto-immune disease and eventually being diagnosed with Lupus, I decided to seek-out products that are free from nasties. Auto-immune types tend to have more of a sensitive system—that is, we can tip over the edge more quickly if our diet, lifestyle, sleep patterns etc. are stretched, so a well balanced (everything in moderation) is key for keeping my flares to a minimum, which is why I decided to eliminate as many toxins as possible within my household. My happy place is wandering the aisles of yet another health food store seeking out new brands or innovations from the world of clean.
I hope you enjoy our edit and content as much as we do. If you have any brand suggestions or would love to drop me a recommendation then I'd love to hear from you. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org